- TOP QUALITY GASKET MAKER/SEALER.
- Description and applications
Dirko™ HT red (acetic curing) is a high-quality, high
temperature resistant single component silicone-based
sealing compound that exhibits permanently resilient
It provides excellent adhesion on all standard metals, cast iron, plastics (except for PE, PP and
PTFE) and glass. Due to a reaction with humidity in the air Dirko™ HT red cures to form silicone.
The product can be used for a very wide range of applications.
General product information
- Chemical basis Acetoxy silicone
- Curing Room temperature vulcanised (RTV)
- Components Single component
- Colour Red
- Consistency Pasty, stable, permanently resilient when cured
- Temperature range -60°C to +300°C (for 24h up to +315°C)
- Maximum sealing gap 2,0 mm
- pH value Neutral
- Electrical conductivity Insulating
- Resistant to Mineral oils (including additives), synthetic oils,
- Lubricating grease, Coolants, UV radiation , cold and hot water, salt water , cleaning agents, weak acids and alkalis
- Possible applications valve cover, oil pan , water pump , oil pump , diff, rential housing , gearbox, gear oil sump , thermostat housing , control housing , axle cover, lange
connection , headlights, rear light , battery compartment
- 2.1 General properties
- Measured variable Value Test standard
- Shore A hardness 30 ± 5 DIN 53505
- Density 1,1 ± 0,2 g/ml DIN 53479
- Skin formation time (23°C, 50% relative humidity) 5 – 10 min DIN EN ISO 291
- Curing time (23°C, 50% relative humidity) ca. 4,5 mm / 24 h DIN EN ISO 291
- Elastic modulus 100% 0,6 ± 0,2 N/mm² DIN EN ISO 8339
- Elongation at break 600 ± 100 % DIN 53504
- Tensile strength 2,9 ± 0,2 N/mm² DIN 53504
Usage and processing instructions:
- 1. Remove sealant residues and clean the sealing surfaces with solvent.
- 2. Sealing surfaces must be clean, dry, and free of oil or grease before applying the sealing
compound in order to ensure reliable sealing and adhesion.
- 3. Processing temperature (ambient / adhesion surface temperature): +5 to +35°C
- 4. Apply the sealing compound evenly across the entire surface.
- 5. Immediately remove any excess sealing compound applied, as there is a risk that it could
drip into the interior.
- 6. Depending on the application, the parts can be fitted immediately after application, after
skin formation or after complete curing.
- 7. Fit the components in line with the manufacturer’s specifications.
- 8. The sealing function is immediate.
- 9. After use, reseal the sealing compound securely.
- 10. Safety and technical data sheet at www.elring.com
- 11. In case of further questions, please contact our service hotline.
- Optimum storage conditions: Cool (+5°C to +25°C) and dry location
- Minimum shelf life: 24 months in unopened containers.
- Seal opened containers securely and use up as soon as possible.
- The batch number has the following structure: YYWWCCCCC (filling date)